Salmon Cat Treats
Homemade Salmon Cat Treats are super simple to make and super fun for your cat!
- 10 oz canned salmon undrained
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Heat oven to 350°. Pulse 10 oz canned salmon (undrained) in a food processor and chop as finely as possible.
- In a stand mixer, combine salmon, 1 egg (beaten) and 2 cups whole wheat flour until dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add up to 1/3 cup water. If dough is too wet or sticky, add a bit more flour. Dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Use a 3/4-inch cookie cutter in the shape of your choice to create your treats.
- Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. When they’re slightly browned and crunchy, they’re done.
- Allow cooling before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
We want to give a big shout out to Becky Hardin for this awesome recipe.