Homemade Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog TreatsDon’t leave your dog out when you’re celebrating the tastes of the season! Apples, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin are actually all very common ingredients in homemade dog treats. Dogs love these flavors and they are really healthy for your pup. Homemade dog treats are super simple to make and you can easily tailor the recipe for any special diets. So next time you’re in the baking mood, whip up a quick batch of healthy homemade dog treats for your pooch! INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oats (optional if your dog is on a grain-free diet, sub an extra 1/4 cup grain-free flour)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, or gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons of all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter until combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour onto a floured surface and roll dough out to 1/2 thick. Cut out using a cookie cutter.
- The dough will be a little sticky, a dusting of flour for your hands and the rolling pin will help! Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Place on cooling racks and let cool thoroughly. They will harden as they cool.