Peanut Butter and Jam Frozen Dog Treats
Peanut butter and jam are one of those classics we’ve all enjoyed as a child. But more than a comfort food inspired snack, it’s a delightful flavor combination that’s perfectly safe for your dog to enjoy too. Using natural peanut butter (please be careful not to buy or use peanut butter that contains xylitol, as this is dangerous for dogs), these frozen treats are a healthy snack for your dog.
- 1 cup of strawberries
- ¼ cup of water
- A few dollops of natural xylitol-free peanut butter (Xylitol is a sweetener sometimes found in peanut butter that is toxic to dogs.)
- Wash your strawberries thoroughly and slice off the tops.
- Add your strawberries and water to the blender and whizz until you form a smooth puree.
- Pour the liquid into your ice cube trays and fill around ¾ of the way.
- Grab a teaspoon and add a small amount of the peanut butter into each slot.
- Pop your tray into the freezer and leave until completely frozen.
- Yum! Serve these delicious treats straight out of the freezer and watch your pup enjoy.
A huge thank you to The Dog People for providing this tasty dog treat recipe.