A few adoption options:
- Animal Shelter
- Rescue Organization
- Online Adoption Resource
Sample questions you may be asked at the shelter:
- Are you aware this is a lifelong (the pet’s lifetime) commitment?
- Are you adopting this dog for protection or companionship?
- Where will the dog live? Sleep? Indoors or out?
- Who is the primary caretaker?
- Do you have a fenced in yard?
- Do you have any other pets?
- Do you have children?
Sample questions to ask the shelter/rescue organization:
- How old is the dog?
- Is he housebroken?
- Does he have any health challenges?
- Is he up to date on shots?
- Has the dog been spayed or neutered?
- Is he microchipped?
- Has he lived with a family before?
- Is he ok around children? Babies?
- How does he react to other dogs? Cats?
- Where is he used to sleeping?
- Does he have any obedience training and is he crate trained?
- Does he have special dietary needs?
- If we take the dog home and it doesn’t work out, can we bring him back?