Today is National Pet Day! We don’t know about you, but that seems like everyday to us!
National Pet Day was founded in 2006 by Colleen Paige, Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert and Animal Welfare Advocate. It is meant to celebrate the joy pets bring to our lives and to create public awareness about the many different kinds of animals awaiting a forever home in shelters and rescues.
Ways to Celebrate National Pet Day:
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
- Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to care for the animals.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
- Have a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets!
- Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
- Buy your pet a fun new toy….or two…or five.
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
For more ways to celebrate you can go here and let us know how you are celebrating today!