When making treats for hamsters, it’s a good idea to combine their usual food with a few additional ingredients. This recipe as it is should make enough treats to feed to a hamster for several weeks because they should be fed a limited amount of treats.
– 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
– 3 tablespoons hamster food, including pellets and seeds
– 3 tablespoons whole grain flour
– 3 tablespoons hot water
– Mix all the dry ingredients together.
– Add the hot water and mix well until it becomes a sticky consistency.
(The mixture should be stiff enough to mold into a loose shape. If the mixture is too watery, add in another teaspoon of wholegrain flour.)
– Put the treats in the microwave for 4 minutes. (2 minutes on each side)
– Let cool and then they are ready to serve.