Are you having trouble finding a yummy treat for your diabetic dog? Look no further, we have a homemade recipe for your pup! It is easy to fix and it is safe for dogs without diabetes to eat.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds beef liver, cut into pieces (baby food also works)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- Place the liver into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. If you have room, add the flour and eggs, and process until smooth. Otherwise, transfer to a bowl, and stir in the flour and eggs using a wooden spoon. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is firm. Cool, and cut into squares using a pizza cutter. The treats will have a consistency similar to a sponge. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
We hope your pup enjoys these tasty treats! Thank you to Barb Maxwell for this recipe!