DIY Catnip Yarn Balls
Are you bored with store-bought toys for your furry feline? Well then look no further. We have a super easy DIY (do it yourself) project for you that your cat will go crazy for.
What you will need:
- styrofoam balls (size is up to you but we recommend keeping them small so your cat can swat them around)
- hot glue gun
- mod podge glue
- dried catnip
- Lay the paper out over the workspace you will be using.
- Working on one ball at a time, start painting the balls with mod podge glue. Once you have covered the whole ball with a thin layer of glue start sprinkling the dried catnip all around the ball.
- Continue step 2 for as many balls as you’d like to make for your kitty.
- When your catnip covered ball is completely dry you can start gluing yarn to it with your hot glue gun. Try to keep your yarn one strip at a time for this process. It will make for a more clean ball. Plus, we want to make sure the catnip stays on the inside of the ball. Don’t forget to leave a little tail hanging off the ball so your kitty has something to run after.
- Let dry completely before letting your furry friend play with them.
We want to give a huge shout out the Joy the Baker for this awesome, kitty concept! You rock!