- What Are My Responsibilities When Transporting an Animal as a Volunteer Pilot
Question Dear Steve, I'd like to volunteer with Doobert.com as a volunteer pilot but I don't know what my responsibilities are? Do I just show up and pick up the dog or is there more I need to know? David…..
- Amazing Dog Rescue Group Does So Much With So Little in Wilson, NC
I recently had the pleasure of sitting down with two people in Wilson, North Carolina over lunch. These two women would probably be the first people to object to me calling them heroes, but that is what they are, like…..
- January 24th Is Change A Pet’s Life Day!
January 24th , Change A Pet's Life Day, is an entire day dedicated to encouraging shelter pet adoption, spreading awareness of shelter animal issues, along with recognizing the amazing volunteers, shelter workers, and rescue workers that help to make a…..
- Pit Bulls – More Than Their Stereotypes
Pit Bulls- So Much More Than Their Stereotypes By: Kelly Nash In past years, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, and Rottweilers have out-ranked all other dog breeds as being the “most dangerous dogs.” These breeds are often misunderstood due to their…..
- Animal Rescue Myth vs Fact – Myth: Pet Store Animals Come From Animal Rescue Groups
This one is clearly a myth right? I mean nothing could be further from the truth. Pet store animals all come from puppy mills and breeders and have nothing to do with rescues. Well the truth on this one is…..
- Effective Fundraising for Animal Rescues and Shelters
Fundraising for animal rescues and shelters is an integral part of running an animal welfare organization. Some people thrive on fundraising, and others abhor it as a difficult but necessary requirement. But be that as it may, what makes some…..
- Animal Rescue Myth vs. Fact: Myth – Rescue animals are free
From time to time we are going to feature a series discussing common animal rescue myths. Unfortunately, these common misconceptions prevent animals from being rescued, and a reluctance to volunteer, so we’re going to do what we can to present…..